Northampton County Bar Association Membership provides invaluable attorney networking opportunities
with more than 40 active committees providing forums for learning, discussion, networking and leadership opportunities.
Click here to join the NCBA.
- FREE Association Dinner Meetings (total 5 for the year)—includes a buffet meal and a CLE credit program, one of which is the Malpractice Avoidance Seminar (there is a minimal fee for attendance at the Mal. Avoid. Seminar). (Value – approx. $170.00 per year).
- Members enjoy discounts on social events during the year including the Amicus Soirée, Bench Bar Conference, Summer Outing and the Reception for the Court.
- Attendance at the Reception for the Court gains excellent access to opinions, experience and meaningful discussions with other attorneys and judges.
- Bench Bar Conference (held every other year)—attendees select from a variety of CLE programs and discuss matters of mutual concern and interest. The event strengthens members’ knowledge on current legal issues and builds a camaraderie among members of the Bar Association and the Bench.
- Members enjoy a 40% discount on the registration fee for all regular Lunch Lecture Continuing Legal Education programs.
- FREE subscription to the Northampton County Reporter (a weekly publication)— besides being a Law Journal, it also keeps you updated on all Association events, PBI/CLE Seminars and Lunch Lecture programs. The annual subscription rate for non-members is $75.00.
- FREE copy of the annual Directory of Attorneys—easy access to members’ names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone and fax numbers plus courthouse information.
- Attorney Referral & Information Service (ARIS)—the opportunity to participate in the Attorney Referral and Information Service - provides the attorney with a potential to increase his or her client base in their area of concentration. Over 1300 referrals annually.
- Members have the privilege of using handicapped-accessible Bar Association conference rooms for depositions, arbitrations and client conferences on a reservation basis. As a member of NCBA you will receive an 80% discount on the room fee.
- NCBA website (www.norcobar.org) “Members Only” section—view the court calendar, register for local CLE seminars, link to federal agencies and other important legal sites, and much more.
- NCBA provides numerous Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI) Seminars on matters of interest to assist lawyers in their continuing education. Refreshments are served at every seminar.
- The NCBA office has a collection of PBI books on hand to borrow at any time.
- The NCBA is a Unit County Member. Your Full Membership in the NCBA includes membership to the Pennsylvania Bar Association. The PBA offers you many services including legislative lobbying, state publications, seminars and discounts on many services. Benefits offered by the Pennsylvania Bar Association include:
- Casemaker—(free access to legal research), many have experienced savings up to $100.00 a month
- Ethics hotline—(800) 932-0311, ext 2214
- Free subscriptions to:
- The Pennsylvania Lawyer
- Pennsylvania Bar News
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Quarterly
- Exclusive USI Colburn Insurance Services—including a special “Members Only” discount for Malpractice Insurance.
- Competitive rates are available for individual insurance programs as well as office insurance programs.
- Plus many more
- Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers—Confidential program for attorneys experiencing drug, alcohol, gambling or mental health problems.