Membership & Dues
Click here to join the NCBA.
Click here to see NBCA member benefits.
Click here to see NBCA member dues.
Click here to see NBCA officers list.
Click here to see where NCBA is located.
Membership in this Association shall be limited to members of the legal profession who have been admitted to practice
before the Bar of Northampton County or have made application and are thereafter admitted within six (6) months of the
filing of their application for membership and shall consist of the following defined Classes:
A. ACTIVE MEMBERS:
(1) Members of the Northampton County Bar in good standing who maintain either their private offices for the practice of the law, or principal residence, within the County of Northampton, or within that portion of the City of Bethlehem which lies within Lehigh County.
(2) Members of the Northampton County Bar in good standing who are employed by a corporation, or other legal business entity, in an office within the County of Northampton or within that portion of the City of Bethlehem which lies within Lehigh County.
(3) Members who are Judges of any Court of Pennsylvania or of any federal Court who, at the time of their appointment, or election were members of the Northampton County Bar and of this Association.
B. LIFE MEMBERS: (PBA dues only)
Members of this Association, who, having been active members, attain or have attained the age of 70 years, whether or not they are active or inactive in practice or members of any Court.
C. SENIOR MEMBERS: (No dues apply)
A member who is seventy-five (75) years of age and has been a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association for thirty-five (35) years.
D. ASSOCIATE MEMBERS: ($215.00 yearly dues)
All other members of the Northampton County Bar Association in good standing with primary membership in another Bar Association. Associate members shall have the following rights:
(1) To use the Bar Association building for purposes consistent with the Association’s Rules and Regulations;
(2) To attend membership meetings, seminars, programs and activities determined by the Board of Governors as being social activities of the Bar Association; and
(3) To receive the weekly publication of the Northampton County Reporter
No Associate Member shall have or enjoy any of the rights or privileges of general Membership under these By-Laws nor shall an Associate Member have the right to vote or hold office. Associate Members shall pay such annual dues for their membership as shall be determined by the Board of Governors.
E. HONORARY MEMBERS (Judges—No dues apply)