Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI)
PBI is the continuing legal education arm of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
It is a fully self-supporting non-profit organization. They receive no portion of bar dues,
and no government subsidies. Revenue from course tuitions and sale of their books and tapes
is used to meet the costs of producing these services and the costs of operation, and is
reinvested in planning and developing new programs, publications, and other services.
Our programs are taught, and our books are written, by practicing lawyers, judges,
and law professors who are widely recognized as the leading experts in their field,
and who have proven their abilities as teachers, public speakers, and writers.
They generously contribute their time and expertise to plan and present our programs
and write our course books. Every lawyer who attends a PBI course or uses a PBI book
owes them a debt of gratitude.
Reminder: Please register with PBI a few weeks prior to the course. PBI’s new policy is to cancel
any program if no attorneys have registered for it by 2-3 weeks before the program.
Upcoming PBI Programs at NCBA
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 9:30 AM-1:00 PM—The Emerging Retiree - Strategies for Maximizing Social Security Benefits and Retirement Plans. NCBA Office. Details››
- Thursday, July 30, 2015, 9:30 AM-2:00 PM—Law of Arrest Search and Seizure. NCBA Office. Details››
- Thursday, August 6, 2015, 9:30 AM-5:30 PM—The Essentials of Chapter 7 & 13. NCBA Office. Details››
- Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 9:30 AM-5:30 PM—Commercial Litigation Institute. NCBA Office. Details››
- Thursday, August 13, 2015, 9:30 AM-1:00 PM—Estate and Family Planning for the 21st Century Family. NCBA Office. Details››
- Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 9:30 AM-5:30 PM—Understanding the Basics of Elder Law. NCBA Office. Details››
- Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 9:30 AM-5:30 PM—Solving Drivers Licensing Problems. NCBA Office. Details››
- Thursday, August 27, 2015, 9:30 AM-10:30 AM—Ethics Potpourri - Do Lawyers Still Need Wisdom in an Information Age?. NCBA Office. Details››
- Thursday, August 27, 2015, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM—Ethics Potpourri - The Ethics of Pro Bono: Doing Good the Right Way. NCBA Office. Details››