Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI)
PBI is the continuing legal education arm of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
It is a fully self-supporting non-profit organization. They receive no portion of bar dues,
and no government subsidies. Revenue from course tuitions and sale of their books and tapes
is used to meet the costs of producing these services and the costs of operation, and is
reinvested in planning and developing new programs, publications, and other services.
Our programs are taught, and our books are written, by practicing lawyers, judges,
and law professors who are widely recognized as the leading experts in their field,
and who have proven their abilities as teachers, public speakers, and writers.
They generously contribute their time and expertise to plan and present our programs
and write our course books. Every lawyer who attends a PBI course or uses a PBI book
owes them a debt of gratitude.
Reminder: Please register with PBI a few weeks prior to the course. PBI’s new policy is to cancel
any program if no attorneys have registered for it by 2-3 weeks before the program.
Upcoming PBI Programs at NCBA
- Thursday, April 17, 2014, 9:30 AM-2:00 PM—"Drafting a Last Minute Estate Plan for a Sick or Dying Client". NCBA Office. Details››
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 9:30 AM-1:00 PM—"Handling Multi-jurisdictional Child Custody Disputes". NCBA Office. Details››
- Thursday, April 24, 2014, 9:30 AM-10:30 AM—Ethics Potpourri-Abe Lincoln, Sydney Carton & the Art of Aspiration. NCBA Office. Details››
- Thursday, April 24, 2014, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM—Ethics Potpourri-Fee Practicies, Pointers & Traps of Fee Agreements. NCBA Office. Details››
- Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:30 PM-1:30 PM—Ethics Potpourri-Assisting a Colleague in Distress. NCBA Office. Details››
- Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 9:30 AM-2:00 PM—Driving Under the Influence: Skills that Win Cases. NCBA Office. Details››
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 9:30 AM-2:00 PM—How to Prepare Federal Estate & Gift Tax Returns. NCBA Office. Details››